As we like to keep things fairly relaxed, we don’t have too many rules and regulations. However, in order to keep things running smoothly, we do have a few. These are:
- Prospective members may attend one meeting and one shoot before they decide whether to join the club or not.
- The membership fees are payable by prospective members once they decide to join the club.
- Existing members’ fees are due annually in the anniversary month of the date that membership was granted.
Monthly competition rules:
- A total of four entries may be entered each month. One per category (Monthly Shoot taken on the day; Creative Subject, Open Section and Print taken in the past 12 months).
- Entries for the monthly shoot must be taken at the shoot and must conform closely to the specified subject.
- Printed images (size A4 – A3) to be submitted on the day of the monthly meeting, preceded by a digital copy of same image by the due date for all monthly submissions.
- Photographs entered in one of the categories, or very similar images, will not be accepted if entered in another catagory, at a later meeting.
- Please submit your images via Photo Vault Online before 23h59 on the Monday of the week prior to the actual meeting.
Members click here to read more about how to submit your images via Photo Vault Online.
- Every member will start as a beginner but as they score points for their images submitted to the monthly competition, they will be promoted to 1-Star, 2-Star, 3-Star, 4-Star, 5-Star, followed by the Master and Senior Levels.
- Medals are awarded according to the score of the image and the level of the photographer. Thus, a higher score is required to get a Gold Medal for a 5-Star photographer, than for a 1-Star photographer to be awarded a Gold Medal. For all levels, points are awarded for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Merit medals. Photographers move from 1-Star to 2-Star once 66 points (and 18 Gold medals or Certificates of Merit (COMS)) are achieved; from 2-Star to 3-Star once 83 points (23 Gold medals or COMs and one salon acceptance) are achieved; from 3-Star to 4-Star once 116 points (32 Gold medals or COMs and 25 salon acceptances); from 4-Star to 5-Star once 149 points (41 Gold medals or COMs and 60 salon acceptances) are achieved.
Only images correctly entered by size (not exceeding 1920 horizontal and 1080 vertical pixels, of a maximum size of 2 MB) will load successfully into Photo Vault Online.
Click here to read more about how to submit your images.
Only paid up members will be entitled to enter images in club competitions, and only images which are judged on the evening will be taken into account.
The Club reserves the right to update or change these rules from time to time.